I used to answer each and every odd and fun question posed on the
boards in the old days in these “Your Questions For” threads,
the results were often a lot of fun. Basically folks could ask me
they want and I’d answer it honestly, jokingly, or with tons
snark. Either way it was fun and it helped to illustrate the
of the site, the readers and their opinions, and answer
for new readers who don’t know what makes the site tick, who
and why the fuck I am only five foot seven. So, I’ve resurrected
It’d be great to run one of these a week, but that’s up to you! use
links at the bottom of the article to contribute.
Note: I now have put my answers directly below the questions in the multiple question entries. My answers are green.
Chris Meyers asks:
2) Were you involved in the actual shooting of Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark?
3) You said you’d like to do a movie yourself one day. Are we speaking
low budget stuff like 11CA or something bigger? Is 11CA deader than Dana
Carveys big screen career?
4) Do you prefer sitting at a table asking directors/writers/actors about their stuff or would you actually prefer to be the director/writer/actor asked?
5) Can you imagine ever stopping reading so much about movies and just
watching whatever sparks your interest the week it actually starts?
6) You say you love sea beasts. What are your favourites, real and mythical?
Are there any youthful ambitions or dreams that you’re surprised you’ve achieved?
Dre mentioned in the Box Office thread that you want him to go by his real name. Why is that if you don’t mind my asking?
think anonymity is the worst thing the internet has brought us. I think
you should live and die on your own name. There are exceptions for some
folks for professional reasons but Damon’s a good writer with a voice
and I’d rather he capitalize on that.
Princess Kate asks:
1) Is there any chance you’d ever share more info on your Alexander III of Macedon thesis?
2) In case it helps, the show is called BORN SURVIVOR with Bear Grylls in the UK. You may like that title more
Peter Judson asks:
How important is sharing similar taste in movies/music/misc. culture to a relationship?
Not. Not changing the person you met into something you want them to be is the only important thing.
Philip J. Titsworth asks:
Nick, I know there’s an Iphone app in the works, but what about us Android users?
Nick, why even make an ‘app’? Are the advertising revenues on mobile
apps better than on a mobile website? With HP’s WebOS, BlackBerry OS,
iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7, and whatever it is Nokia uses (MeeGo or
Symbian), does it really even make sense to make an app and not focus on
making a mobile accessible version of the site so that all smart phone
users can visit?
What TV series have you fallen the hardest in love with, only to be let down the furthest by the end?
Fast food franchise?
I normally would say Chick Fil-A but their moral bullshit’s wearing me out. So, I guess… Subway.
Paul Allen asks:
If we win, who’ll lose?
Ken Savage asks:
1. Do you get a chance to read any of the blogs, if so how are we doing?
2. Have you any idea who the “Shitty Parking Person” is yet?
3. Do you think The Stig going public (and publishing a book) a was a
really selfish thing to do? And how do you think Top Gear should handle
it on their return?
Tim Long asks:
1) Weaveworld mini-series, I know it will never happen, but would you like to see it?
2) What beer or liquor are you digging lately?
3) What is your favorite Ted Raimi performance?
4) What is your favorite television theme song?
5) Shadows and Fog. Thoughts?
Lloyd Dobler asks:
6) Do you like Super Mario Bros. 2?
I do, but I always hated the physics of Luigi.
Lloyd Dobler asks:
1. what do you think of the V reboot?
2. Matthew Goode as Superman yay or nay?
3. What the shit is going on with Sam Raimi?
4. When the hell is the next David Lynch film being made?
5. Favourite unmade film?
6. Favourite underrated film?
7. Have you ever been on my website the lost movies?
8. Tips for getting noticed in the movie blogosphere?
Barry Woodward asks:
2. Which serial killer film do you prefer: “Manhunter”, “Seven”, “Silence Of The Lambs” or “Zodiac”?
3. How many Michael Powell/Emeric Pressburger films have you seen and which is your favorite?
4. How discerning are you/will you be with what age appropriate films you expose your children to?
5. Now that studios are buying up graphic novels left and right, have
you ever considered making one out of one of your scripts as a
roundabout way of getting it picked up by a studio?
6. Which Philip Marlowe film do you prefer: Howard Hawks’ “The Big
Sleep”, Edward Dmytryk’s “Murder, My Sweet” or Robert Altman’s “The Long
7. In an alternative universe where the Coen brothers had “No Country
For Old Men” end with the Tommy Lee Jones character with the money (to
retire with) after taking out Chigurh, do you feel it would change your
enjoyment of the film (assuming everything else were the same)?
8. What are some clichés that you actually don’t mind seeing in films?
9. Besides 3D, what’s the next big thing in the film industry?
10. They say digital media will eventually make physical media extinct. If that’s true, what will you miss about physical media?
From Email, Rich Fulcher asks:
What are the adult beverages of choice of the CHUD staff
From Email, Col. Willie Sharp asks:
Every time I open my phone’s web browser, A google image
search of Robert Z’Dar shows up instead of google? Should I try to “fix”
this? Or should I embrace the fact that my phone is haunted by Maniac Cop?
From Email, Russ Krone asks:
What is the favorite movie watching experience you have shared with your kids so far?
I came into some money. What could I do to help you guys out if I were so inclined?
What do think of Outlaw Vern?
I just found out about all the Devin drama. I know you probably want to put it all behind you, but I have to know one thing: How and why did Devin become the world’s biggest douchehammer?Looking forward to a new and improved CHUD,G.
1. Any interest in these sequels for next year–Transformers 3, Scream 4, Pirates Of The Caribbean 4, The Hangover 2, Fast Five?
2. Favorite one-hit wonder director?
3. REM, Pearl Jam, or U2?
4. My favorite Chud list is still 100 Films That Deserve More Love. Any plans to continue the list one day? Maybe films from the 2000’s?
5. Is the Major League Baseball season too long?
6. 80’s or 90’s Hackman?
7. Last great movie soundtrack you bought or downloaded?
Jon Hopkins’ Monsters score.
1. Will the projected success of The Avengers looming, do you think a Justice League movie would be a hit as well?
2. Aside from Passion of the Christ and Birth of A Nation, what movie do you think should never be rebooted/reimagined?
3. Ok, so if a multi-billionaire decided he wanted a Spiderman 4 movie, and paid the expected actors to be in it, and he only did this so he could have this movie for himself (nobody would see it but him…), can that guy be sued… successfully?
4. Have you ever tried to get a movie on the Sci Fi Channel? I would be interested to see if you can match the silliness of Mansquito.
5. I can see Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as Namor… but what other superhero(or villian) role can you see him in?
6. Can you possibly foretell the next big thing after 3D?
7. What happened to Gabrielle Union? I mean I thought she was one Oscar nominated performance from being at a level where Taraji P. Henson is currently.
8. Give me your opinion on something. Me and my cousin were working on a Mockumentary, sort of in the vein of This Is Spinal Tap, for Randy Watson and Sexual Chocolate from Coming To America. Do you think a movie like this could recharge Eddie Murphy’s career?
9. Can you have a Contest for The Last Dragon movie? And could you go ahead and declare me the winner already?
10. Do you think the vampire from Let The Right One In can beat the angst ridden, sparkly vampires of Twilight, and do you think the werewolves would fall in love with her?
Yes. I don’t care.
From Email, Russ Krone asks: