I used to answer each and every odd and fun question posed on the
boards in the old days in these “Your Questions For” threads,
the results were often a lot of fun. Basically folks could ask me
they want and I’d answer it honestly, jokingly, or with tons
snark. Either way it was fun and it helped to illustrate the
of the site, the readers and their opinions, and answer
for new readers who don’t know what makes the site tick, who
and why the fuck I am only five foot seven. So, I’ve resurrected
It’d be great to run one of these a week, but that’s up to you! use
links at the bottom of the article to contribute.
Note: I now have put my answers directly below the questions in the multiple question entries. My answers are green.
Paul Allen asks:
Are there any youthful ambitions or dreams that you’re surprised you’ve achieved?
Dre mentioned in the Box Office thread that you want him to go by his real name. Why is that if you don’t mind my asking?
Ryan CB asks:
I’d like the second the idea posited in the talkback of pairing multiple questions & answers together. Or just ask Barry Woodward to stop asking so many damn questions.
Sam Strange asks:
Do many people read the Sam Strange articles, or is it just Chudfan?
Of course they do. But, while articles like the Sam Strange stuff has rabid fans and hateful enemies it’s always the haters who shout the loudest.
Matt Hindmarch asks:
So what’s this “new site” all about?
Princess Kate asks:
Will the new version of CHUD keep the white on black text format? It is extremely classy, not to mention the fact it reduces eye strain
If you and the CHUD staff were Mad Men characters who is who?
We’re all Sal Romano.
2. Definitive Krazy Lithgow: Ricochet, Raising Cain, Cliffhanger, or Dexter?
3. Red Heat or Dead Heat?
4. We all know Donald Gibb was the best Bee Gee. With that in mind, is Thomas F. Wilson the best Beach Boy?
5. Top three candidates for the worst movies of 2010 so far?
6. How do we destroy Katherine Heigl?
7. Twilight or Jersey Shore, the worse pop culture phenomenon of the past few years?
8. You’ve told us the secret to training our dragons, Dagons, and Dragos, but how do I train my Billy Drago?
9. Does Genesis indeed do what Nintendon’t? (Answer is subjective, be it Sega Genesis or the band Genesis, but I’d prefer the one that had Altered Beast.)
10. Why would my parents want to go to the Olive Garden in Colorado and not a restuarant you can’t go to at home?
Barry Woodward asks:
1. What are your favorite documentaries?
2. What do you think of the new FX show “Terriers”?
3. What are five films you feel people are too kind to out of nostalgia?
4. Other than “The Thing”, what remakes do you prefer to the originals?
5. What film genres would you least like to see Quentin Tarantino dabble in?
6. Should the Coen brothers consider making a sequel to “The Big Lebowski”?
7. What are your thoughts on the final season of “Nip/Tuck” and the series as a whole?
8. Should Tom Cruise put aside his film career for a few years to star in a cable series?
9. Is there any truth to the rumors that Kurt Russell directed significant portions of “Tombstone”?
10. Have you ever seen the Canadian television series “Trailer Park Boys” and if so, what did you think?
11. Would you be game for Rian Johnson and Joseph Gordon-Levitt teaming up again for a sequel to “Brick”?
12. What do you think of the band that provided the music for the “Full Throttle” PC game, The Gone Jackals?
13. Do you think Kevin Smith can stop the downward spiral of his career and knock “Red State” out of the park?
14. Would you be interested in a Paul Thomas Anderson directed remake of “Apocalypse Now” set in present day Afghanistan and Pakistan?
15. If Mike Judge decided to direct a live-action “Beavis And Butt-Head” film and you were put in charge of the casting, who would you pick to play the title characters?
16. Have you seen the brilliant but canceled 1996 Fox show “Profit” and if so, do you think it would be worthwhile for the creators to pitch an updated version of the series to AMC or FX?
I haven’t seen it because Adrian Pasdar was the star and I have self-defense mechanisms in place. That said, the FX (and to a lesser extent AMC) model is a good one and would enhance nearly ANY material.
17. There was talk of teaming up Jack Bauer (from “24”) with John McClane for the new “Die Hard” movie. Would you have wanted to see that? What film/television crossovers would you like to see?
I’d have watched that, but John McClane has already had two too many films. I’d like to see a Roots/Event Horizon crossover. Maybe a little Family Ties/Jack-O flick. The Cosby Show vs. The Smog Monster. Stillwater Meets the Phantom of the Park. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Dolemite? And so on…
18. Joss Whedon is on record as wanting to direct a “Terminator” film, most likely a reboot. If the success of “The Avengers” affords him the opportunity to do so, do you think he has what it takes to make a film in the same league as the first two in the series?
Pvt. Spunkmeyer asks: Princess Kate asks:
Nick – I know you’re a Monster Magnet fan (or at least used to be). Any thoughts on the new album Mastermind, if you’ve heard it? It’s streaming at AOL music and is being released this week.
It’s ok. They will never match God Says No and Dopes to Infinity.
Princess Kate asks:
Nick, Feel free to pick and choose, but these are the questions that were on my mind this morning:
1) First movie you remember strongly disliking?
2) If you were exiled from the present and forbidden to travel to the future, where and when in Earth’s history would you choose to make your home?
3) Can you foresee the REP ‘GREEN BOX’ system making a triumphant return when CHUD relaunches?
4) Favorite ice cream flavor(s)? Feel free to throw out a limited edition flavor (like Ben and Jerry’s KEY LIME PIE from earlier this year) if you’re so inclined
5) What are your thoughts on HBO’s ROME? Is Titus Pullo ‘CHUD Man’ material?
6) What is your opinion of Alexander III of Macedon (the individual known as ‘Alexander the Great’)?
7) In your opinion, what now curable but until recently deadly illness would you least want to die from? (Cholera, ETC)
8) When are you going to post up the CHUD POSTCARD COLLECTION?
9) BK or McDonalds?
10) 3D: “The way of the future”?
11) Do you appreciate caviar?
12) Do you watch MAN VS WILD with Bear Grylls? If so, are you pro Bear? There seems to exist some animosity towards him on the boards
Rene (Mr. Eko) asks:
2. What was your favorite season?
3. Favorite episode?
4. Would you want to see another X-Files movie?
5. What type of iPhone do you have?
6. What’s your favorite app on the iPhone?
7. What’s your favorite feature on the iPhone?
8. What’s the one movie you’d want a Digital Copy of?
9. If you were asked to choose a movie to make a sequel to, what would it be?
10. What are your thoughts on David Fincher’s The Game??
On a scale from 1 to 10, what is the answer?
1) Is there really no money left in Internet based entertainment reporting?
2) If you had to remove one person from space/time…who would it be?
3) Which would you punch first? A puppy or an infant?
4) How did Andrea Rothe come to CHUD? That lady’s artistic temperament is awesome.
5) Can the modern nerd overcome their lust for negativity?
Eyeball Kid asks:
6) Whatever happened to James Tolkan?
1) Can i beta test the new site?
2) Would you consider giving the B Action crew a front page feature?
3) How much traffic, if any, did the site lose when Devin left?
Is this ever too much? In other words, do you ever look at all you do, they results you get, and feel like saying “Fuck it, I’m gonna do something else”?
Yeah. Especially in recent months.
1) Thoughts on soccer?
2) I’m curious about how ‘hits’ benefit the site. How much does a popular article like The Meaning and Secret of Inception help in terms of income? What’s a good number of hits for an article/list etc?
3) With the success of THE WALKING DEAD, which movie monster would you like to be given the premium cable treatment?
What is the best Cigar/Drink/Jazz combination you can think of right now?
Though I tremble in fear at the terrible possibilities, I simply must know: what were the fates of Skeletons I-III?
I could tell a story of space doubt, failed promises, lost energy oblongs, and twenty-eyed monsters with faces for feet but instead I’ll just say Skeleton IV was a Halo character Steve came up with that was great and now there’s a silly column authored by the character.
What’s your favorite Roger Corman directed film? Your favorite Roger Corman produced film?
X: The Man with X-Ray Eyes. Humanoids from the Deep.
1. Are you still watching TERRIERS? It keeps getting better and better.
2. Are you fan of Michael Connellly’s Harry Bosch novels?
3. When was the last time you visited the UK? Where? Did you like it?
4. Favourite beer?
5. Should Arnold return to movies? If yes, what type of character?
6. Is it me, or has SONS OF ANARCHY been full of plot-dragging, time-wasting contrivences this season?
7. What exactly was Steve doing between his lay-off and his welcome return to CHUD? Some sort of night welder?
8. Do you listen to any other podcasts? If so, what?
9. Thoughts on the first season of TREME?
10. Do you still watch DVD / Bluray special features?
11. If I already own the ALIEN QUADRILOGY DVD set, is it worth buying the ANTHOLOGY? thanks.
What actor/director combo you would bar from ever working together again?
What director/genre combo?
What actor/role (generic, i.e. Bruce Willis/grizzled cop)?
You have been given the greatest gift of all: the ability to travel back in time exactly long enough to punch one currently living person in the face at their 10th birthday party and make them cry in front of all their shitty little friends. Who do you target, where do you expect to find them, and what moment do you choose to strike?
What are you looking forward to most between now and next summer?
No new sites to launch or redesigns to finish.
Due to circumstances beyond your control, travel via automobile is no longer a viable option. It’s not that it is illegal, per say, but it isn’t advisable (though perfectly safe). Shortly after learning of this, a relative that you like, but aren’t especially close to, falls ill with a very treatable malady. Problem is you are about 40 miles away, and the treatment must be administered within 12-18 minutes. It is a balmy Sunday in February. Unseasonably warm, but given recent events not completely unexpected. That being said, if money is no object, what do you snack on whilst trying to formulate a plan?
Is Christian Bale over once The Dark Knight Rises?
Who would YOU like to see as the villain in the threequel?
Are you still passive aggressive?
How’s that going for you?
Eyeball Kid asks: