Mostly short and hopefully sweet…
- You’ll have to wait an extra month to watch Depp run around with a dead bird on his head. Gore Verbinski’s The Lone Ranger will HI-YO into a theater near you on July 3rd, 2013.
- Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters has been pushed back five months to August 16th, 2013.
- Thor 2 has been moved up a week to a November 8th, 2013 release.
- Walking With Dinosaurs will now stomp its way into theaters on December 20th, 2013.
- Steven Spielberg’s Robopocalypse, his sci-fi actioner follow-up to this fall’s Lincoln, will now grace screens on April 25th, 2014. It was previously scheduled to present itself in July 2013. I’ll bet Guillermo Del Toro did a happy dance to this particular info, as this was originally opening close to Pacific Rim. In Robopocalypse‘s place will be a post-converted 3D re-release of Independence Day. Sounds to me like Fox actually IS angling to make a sequel in the near future. Also, are we going to spend the next few years re-releasing all of the successful blockbusters of the ’90s in 3D?
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes will monkey its way onto screens Memorial Day Weekend in 2014. I am digging the ever-living shit out of that title by the way.
- The still untitled sequel to X-Men: First Class will officially BAMPH! into theaters on July 18th, 2014. Given that it begins shooting this coming January, that allows them plenty of time to make sure all of the FX are up to par this time.
By the way, Christopher McQuarrie’s Tom Cruise-starring adaptation of Lee Child’s One Shot has changed titles to just plain old Jack Reacher. Since it hits theaters this December, I’m expecting a teaser to pop up sometime over the coming month…much like the recent Les Miserables preview and the upcoming one for Django Unchained. Personal thoughts on the new title? I guess it makes sense from a branding standpoint, as well as a potential franchise starter. We live in a world now were sequels almost always have to have some sort of title continuity, so I wasn’t expecting potential future entries to just use the titles of the books they are based on.
Besides, One Shot 2 just sounds dumb. You what sounds awesome? Jack Reacher: Round Two. I’m hoping great minds think alike and Paramount has had the exact same idea. I also hereby declare that any talk of a second Reacher film with Cruise be referred to by that name, no matter what it ends up being called. The Lawgiver has spoken! Will you obey?
Source | ComingSoon