If you’re one of 11 people on the planet who haven’t experienced only the sonic incarnation of Ron Perlman, here’s your chance…
Hellboy came to pulsing 2-D life in the Sword of Storms ‘toon, and it’s just around the corner on your chosen format of DVD. What’s it about? Read on…
In this first animated feature from
Director Tad Stones (Buzz Lightyear of Star Command), and Creative Producers
Mike Mignola (creator of HELLBOY comics) and Guillermo del Toro (writer/director
of the HELLBOY movie), a folklore professor becomes unwittingly possessed by
the ancient Japanese demons of Thunder and Lightning. But when The Bureau of
Paranormal Research & Defense dispatches a team of agents to investigate, a
cursed samurai sword sends Hellboy (Ron Perlman) to a supernatural dimension of
ghosts, monsters and feudal mayhem. Now while pyrokinetic Liz Sherman (Selma
Blair) and fishboy Abe Sapien (Doug Jones) battle one very pissed-off dragon, a
lost and cranky Hellboy must find his way home. Even if he can survive the
perilous journey, how much crap does a guy have to put up with from the two
most vengeful and ferocious spirits of Japanese legend?
for 16×9 TVs
Hell And Back – How Mike Mignola Created Hellboy
New Breed – Creating The New Hellboy
Hellboy – The Actor’s Role
View From The Top – The ³Heads² Sequence
of Hellboy – A Comic Con 2006 Panel Discussion
Commentary Featuring Hellboy Creator Mike Mignola, Supervising
Producer/Director Tad Stones and Director Phil
Goes East: A Revealing Look at Many of the Inspirations, Backstories and
Secrets of Hellboy: Sword of Storms.
Rom: weblinks, storyboards and more
I have a stack of these lovely little digital incarnations of the world’s favorite red-skinned paranormal investigator (including Wes Studi) for lovely CHUD.com readers who participate in the following contest. Also, I will not be accepting email contest entries so cooperation to a "T" is a must:
1. Register for the CHUD.com message boards if you haven’t yet. If you have, you’re one step closer.
2. Check the site’s most recent few days of articles using THIS LINK. Read the ones which interest you. Study them!
3. List your three favorite articles over the past five days and say why. So help me, if you just choose the three most recent or pick three or just say generic stuff which leads me to believe you didn’t actually read them, I’ll fong you. This is in hopes of finding out the stuff which really clicks with the readers. You’ll provide these results on the thread linked below.
4. Guillermo Del Toro is currently in London prepping the Hellboy sequel. What about the first film would you do away with and what element would be furious if they lost it? Also, on a scale of 1-10 tell me how excited you are about a new, bigger and more monster laden (upwards of 35-40) Hellboy flick.
5. Enter your comments here on the message boards.