Howdy folks! Welcome to the brand-new, weekly trailer round up! Each week, I’ll be bringing you the new trailers that were released, and let you know a little bit about them. Some of the posters for the films may be missing, as they have not be released yet! ALMIGHTY
Starring: Steve Carrell, Morgan Freeman,
Trailer: From Official Web Site
Summary: Carrell reprises his role of Evan Baxter, the snarky newscaster from the first film. As per usual, God appears, and commands him to build an Ark.
Prognosis: Not really a ‘new’ trailer, per say, but they released a better quality. As for the film: well…good question. I’m not entirely sure how to feel about this film. The studio is obviously investing a lot in Carrell. He definitely made The 40 Year Old Virgin a moneymaker, but he was also surrounded by other talented comics. Here, he’s got a monkey. Oh, and a long beard. I really feel like Universal left the funny out of this teaser, and are saving it for their full trailer. I really hope so. HITCHER
Starring: Sean Bean, Sophia Bush, Zachary Knighton
Trailer: From Rogue Picture’s Web Site
Summary: Remake of the 1986 movie, two college students are stalked and tormented by the mysterious “hitcher.”
Prognosis: I really love the original film, and I’m trying hard to like this one. This is coming from Platinum Dunes, Michael Bay’s production company. I think Bay did an awesome job on the first Texas Chainsaw remake. I’m really pulling for this one to work, too, but so far, it’s just not clicking with me. Sure, Sean Bean makes a creepy hitcher in 65% of the trailer. But the other 35%, he looks like he’s in an action-adventure flick, with all the guns he’s pointing at people. But, hey, maybe I’m wrong. I guess we’ll see. Also of note, the gorgeous Sophia Bush introduces the trailer, almost pleading with the audience to please like the film. CLAUS
Starring: Vince Vaugh, Paul Giamatti, Ludacris, Kevin Spacey
Trailer: From Warner Bros. Site
Summary: Fred Claus, Santa’s bitter older brother, is forced to move to the North Pole.
Prognosis: Not much to say about this trailer, either. It’s simply Vince Vaugh (playing Vince Vaugh) arguing with Santa Claus. I may have chuckled once or twice, but not a whole hell of a lot. Vaugh needs to find a film where he doesn’t have to play himself, and have a little more freedom to create a character. I do think, however, that Giamatti is a great choice for Claus HOST
Starring: Song Kang-ho, Byun Hie-bong, Park Hae-il
Trailer: From!
Summary: A giant Korean monster fucks shit up on the Hans River. What more do you need?
Prognosis: Fucking awesome. I’ve been awaiting this film for sometime, and I can’t wait to see it. People shouldn’t be fooled by the English title cards, as the film is in Korean. That doesn’t mean that it’s going to be any less fun. Devin, that lucky bastard, already saw the film, and loved it. I’m pretty sure the rest of the world will, too. MOVIE
Starring: Kal Penn, Adam Campbell, Jennifer Coolidge
Trailer: From The Official MySpace Page
Summary: Combine every movie you’ve seen in the last 6-10 months, and that’s pretty much it. I’m sure there is a real plot somewhere in there, but do you really care?
Prognosis: Let me start by saying two things. One, the trailer is hosted on MySpace, and no where else. Two, it’s from TWO of the SIX writers of Scary Movie. The only other film I remember like that was Date Movie, and THAT was horrible. This trailer doesn’t do much to sway my opinion either. The studio seems to like movie titles ending with the word ‘movie,’ so let them waste their money. WE DONE YET?
Starring: Ice Cube, Nia Long, Aleisha Allen, Philip Bolden
Trailer: From Sony Picture’s Web Site
Summary: In this sequel to the 2005 Are We There Yet?, Nick, his girlfriend, and her two kids leave the city for the suburbs, but the dream home they plan to fix-up soon turns into a nightmare.
Prognosis: No. Just no. I didn’t see the original. Hell, I don’t plan on seeing this. Again, a huge lack of funny in this trailer makes me think that the movie will be about the same. Someone should have asked ‘Are we done yet with this franchise?’ after the last film, and the answer should have been ‘Yes. Yes we are.’