Finally coming to DVD tomorrow, the Dune Extended Edition is one of the holy grails of scifi film fandom. The new set will contain two cuts of David Lynch’s Dune – the original 137-minute theatrical edition and the almost three hour extended edition, which had previously only been seen on TV. Plus the disc is packed with special features (although – surprise! – no Lynch commentary).
We have three copies of this thing to give away, and we want to make sure it gets into the hands of real fans. So here’s what you have to do to win one:
- Send an email to email@example.com (DUNE in the subject line) with your name and mailing address
- Answer the following questions:
· We’re getting a Superman II Donner Cut, and now we have the Dune Extended Edition. What other movie would you like to see revisited?
· What is the mindkiller?
· Name the hardcore band whose name is from Frank Herbert’s Dune
· Lynch’s Dune vs SciFi Channel’s Dune: Which is better, and why?
· Sting today: Horrible asshole or annoying jerkoff?