Paul was cute.
That’s about it. It’s a forgettable and amusing little flick with enough geek references to pander to our usual crowd, but it’s all shallow humor. Anything Simon Pegg and Nick Frost star in together is certainly worth watching if only for their chemistry, but it wasn’t exactly a worthy followup to Hot Fuzz.
Still, the dvd and blu-ray editions are on the way, and you know what that means- bonus features! Also- bloopers where the two are giggling like little children.
Check out this little video of Pegg and Frost talking about their favorite bits. (A fake doc about Adam Shadowchild, Jeffrey Tambor’s asshole of a comic book creator? Hell yes.)
Here’s the full list of features-
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK:
- Between the Lightning Strikes: The Making of Paul
- Behind the Scenes Featurettes:
- o RV Doorway: The Cast of Paul On-Location — The cast is just as funny off-screen as they are in front of the camera.
- o Runway Santa Fe: An Interview with Nancy Steiner — Follow Nancy Steiner, the costume designer, as she chooses hilarious T-shirts and wardrobe for the cast.
- o Smithereens — Blowing up a house on location causes excitement among the cast.
- o 5th Date Level Direction: The Cast on Greg Mottola — The cast talks about the fun of working with Mottola, who also directed Superbad.
- o Mexico Zero: The Locations of Paul—Mexico Zero is the nickname the cast gives to New Mexico, where the majority of filming was done for Paul.
- o The Many Pauls — To create Paul, the filmmakers used all the tricks of the trade, from capturing Seth Rogen’s facial expressions and movements, to using a child dressed up as an alien while on-set.
- o Paul: The Musical — The cast joins together for an impromptu musical version of the film.
- o The Traveler Beagle — A look at all the different RVs used on the set of Paul, from fully functioning vehicles to a mock-up on a Hollywood soundstage.
- · BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to watch the latest trailers and more.
- · pocket BLU™: The groundbreaking pocket BLU™ app uses iPhone®, iPod® touch, Android™, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player. Also available on the iPad®, owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU™ made especially to take advantage of the tablet’s larger screen and high resolution display. Consumers will be able to browse through a library of Blu-ray™ content and watch entertaining extras on-the-go in a way that’s bigger and better than ever before.
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY™ AND DVD:
- The Evolution of Paul — An inside look at how Paul became a living, breathing alien.
- Simon’s Silly Faces — Simon Pegg makes an assortment of wildly funny faces for the camera.
- Who the Hell is Adam Shadowchild? — Find out about the legendary sci-fi writer from the characters in Paul.
- Feature Commentary with Greg Mottola, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Bill Hader and Nira Park
- Photo Galleries, Storyboards and Posters
Look for it August 9th.