The Magazine: Premiere
The Pitch: America’s
leading movie magazine. A consumer rag but tinted with a little of the
insider stuff and industry editorial that flies a little over the heads
of the readers of fluff like EW.
The Cost: $3.99
The Month: October
The Publisher: Hachette Filipacchi Media
Cover Story: Charlize Theron
Main Interview: Steve Martin
- Tiny but fun Shane Black piece.
- As usual, a solid and well written reviews section. This is a strength of theirs they don’t really take full advantage of..
- Great (albeit short) Clooney interview.
- The ‘Women in Hollywood’ specials tend to be soft-footed and filled with bullshit but aside from their inclusion of Lindsay Lohan as a spotlight this is one of the better issues in recent memory.
- Their article on shocking moments in film history is solid.
- Their distillation of Comic-Con is both late and insipid.
- I’ll admit it, I’m Charlize’d out.
- Shirley Maclaine is relevant?
- The mag is too wide for my scanner.
Always a solid read. This is no exception.