How good must a contest be to warrant an entirely different font on this website?
IPOD NANO GOOD.
I’m doing this contest in a different font because that’s how we roll. People think they have us pegged? BOOM! Here’s Courier New for our efforts. For web guys, that is power.
We are going to be offering a ton of goodies in relaton to the upcoming comedy Waiting up to and including THREE OF APPLE’S NEW NANO IPOD. Yeah, that’s right, you’d best pay attention.
First, the synopsis of Waiting:
A waiter for four years since high school, Dean (Justin Long) has never questioned his job at Shenanigan’s. But when he learns that Chett, a high school classmate, now has a lucrative career in electrical engineering, he’s thrown into turmoil about his dead-end life. Dean’s friend Monty (Ryan Reynolds) is in exactly the same boat, but he couldn’t care less. More concerned with partying and getting laid by underage girls, Monty is put in charge of training Mitch (John Francis Daley), a shy new employee. Over the course of one chaotic shift, Mitch gets to know the rest of Shenanigan’s quirky staff: Monty’s tough-talking ex-girlfriend, Serena (Anna Faris), Shenanigan’s over-zealous manager, Dan (David Koechner), and head cook Raddimus (Luis Guzman), who’s obsessed with a senseless staff-wide competition known only as “The Game”…
There are bottle openeners, posters, postcards, and more that’ll be hurtling through time and space to lucky winners but nothing says "BIG DAMN CONTEST" like a BIG DAMN PRIZE.
The new Apple IPOD NANO is such an item. I’ve recently transferred my entire CD collection onto my IPOD and have found that sucker to be invaluable especially when it’s late and night and I simply need to hear some Air Supply.
How to win such a lovely bit of items? Good question. For that you must read on.
Since this contest revolves around a comedy we’re dying to see, I’ll make it one with a host of questions rather than some wild goose chase or massive writing assignment. It just requires you take some time to answer and provide a little site interaction/feedback. As always, don’t forget to use the link below to enter and to include your mailing address in the entry or you are instantly disqualified. Here we go:
1. Tell me of the worst restaurant experience you’ve ever had whether as a server or a customer. Did you eat an entire child by mistake, find a severed wrist in your soup, or walk into the kitchen thinking it was the restroom and see bukkake happening to your fettucine? Tell me!
2. The characters in Waiting like to play games and sabotage the food their patrons eat. What is the craziest thing you get away with at your place of business?
3. If you won an IPOD and THIS SONG was installed on it, would you proudly groove to it or delete it with glee? See, it’s a band made up of CHUD.com people and this is a blatant attempt to get people to listen to our song Daddy Wrong Legs. Please?
4. We love the folks in this movie and the fact the restaurant is called Shenanigans is icing (if you don’t know why we like restaurants named Shenanigans you are probably wearing a Canadian tuxedo) on the cake. Go to the film’s official site
and tell me in all honestly what you’ll be doing the night of October 7th.
5. Check out the director’s blog here. Tell me what you think of it.
6. Lastly, my favorite Cajun restaurant, The Old Coffee Pot, is probably underwater right now along with much of New Orleans. We’ve all been subjected to a lot of good coverage and a lot of bad coverage for the crisis those folks are going through, but since this is for a movie about (sorta) the food industry what, if any, landmark of that town are you craving to see again?