Why, with tickets to the hometown premiere of George A Romero’s Land of the Dead, of course. That’s right, two lucky winners will get to attend the Pittsburgh premiere of the latest (and if early reports are true, very great) Romero zombie film. If you’re a fan of the zombie master’s films, you know that Pittsburgh is ground zero for all undead activity, and now you’ll have a chance to experience the latest film right where it all began.
Universal Studios and The Steeltown Entertainment Project present the Pittsburgh Premiere of George A. Romero’s The Land of The Dead on Wednesday June 22, 2005 at 7:30 PM in Pittsburgh, PA at the historic Byham Theatre.
George A. Romero’s The Land of The Dead opens in theaters everywhere on June 24, 2005.
Two (2) GRAND PRIZE Winners will receive a pair of tickets to the Pittsburgh premiere event on June 22nd – retail value $350
Pre-Party: 5:30 PM at Cafe Euro
LAND OF THE DEAD Premiere: 7:30 PM at Byham Theater
After-Party: 9:30 PM at Deja vu Lounge
Three (3) 1st prize Winners will receive some cool Land of the Dead swag.
Now how awesome is this?
Here’s how you win:
First of all, you have to be in, or be able to get to, Pittsburgh. This contest does NOT include transportation.
Next up, send me an email with your full name, mailing address, phone number and date of birth to email@example.com with LOTD in the subject line. Also answer these three questions:
1) Which makeup effects master directed a remake of a George Romero zombie
2) In the opening of Shaun of the Dead, when Shaun shuffles to the camera
and yawns – which Romero Dead film is being referenced?
3) In the original Dawn of the Dead most of the action takes place inside a
mall. What mall was that?
You must be 18 or older, and you MUST be able to get to Pittsburgh. This is a serious prize, so if you aren’t 100% sure you can get there, please don’t bother.
The Land of the Dead Sweepstakes on Chud.com
1. Eligibility: The Land of the Dead Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of www.chud.com (the “Sponsor” as defined below) and Universal City Studios LLLP. (“Universal”) and their parent and affiliate companies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Official Rules and any and all of Sponsor and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all respects. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: CHUD.com – Cinematic Happenings Under Development, 4915 Camberbridge Dr., Alpharetta, GA 30022.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on June 13, 2005 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("ET") and ends on June 16, 2005 at 11:50 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, the 24 hours between 12:00:00 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 p.m. ET constitute a "Day."
5. Grand Prize Drawing: Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes, will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around June 17, 2005 using methods within its sole discretion. The potential winner will be notified by mail, email or phone. The potential winner will be required to sign, notarize and return to Sponsor, within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and (except where prohibited) a publicity release in order to claim his/her prize. If the winner is a minor in his/her place of residence, the winner’s parent/legal guardian must accept the prize on the minor’s behalf. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to execute and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain unawarded. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, any on-line entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account from which it was sent, provided such account holder must still meet the eligibility requirements for the Sweepstakes. The authorized account holder shall be the natural person to whom the applicable email address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
6. Prizes: Two (2) GRAND PRIZES: A pair of tickets to the Pittsburgh premiere of the motion picture “The Land of the Dead”. The approximate retail value of the prize is $350 each. Three (3) FIRST PRIZES: One (1) Land of the Dead Promo Pack which consists of Land of the Dead promotional merchandise (to be determined by Sponsor or its designee). The approximate retail value of the prize is $25. The total approximate retail value of all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $775. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Universal, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sweepstakes Entities’ and their agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any prize depicted in promotional packaging or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes is for illustrative purposes only and may not represent the actual prize that is awarded. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail and govern. Details of prizes or parts thereof not specified herein are at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
10. Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants (and parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree (A) that the he Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize and (B) that the Released Entities have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
Motion Picture artwork TM and Copyright © 2005 Universal Pictures. The Land of the Dead and related elements are trademarks of Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.