That’s a rhetorical question. If you don’t love the filmmaker, I don’t want to know. It’d taint my opinion of such a fine readership. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou (Devin’s review, Nick’s review) is the latest Anderson flick and its on DVD with a sexy Criterion package that ought to keep you busy until the figurative cows come figuratively home.I just so happen to have a nice stack of these DVDs (and a nice stack in general, if you get my drift) in my possession and the wherewithal to send them to you. I also have a neat little arc of our comic strip planned for July that involves bringing the readership of CHUD.com into our comic strip, where they will quickly be dispatched by one of many new characters we plan to introduce as RON has a massive culling not unlike Marvel’s Sin Eater opus of the 80’s. So, here’s how the contest works.
You win, you get a great DVD and you die in full color right here on CHUD.com.
Not bad, eh?
Here’s how to enter, and this contest is open to everyone all over. CHUD writers included. I personally am thrilled to see how Lewis renders some of you folks’ visages. I also have a secret craving to see some of you destroyed, so there’s that too.
Using the link below, answer the following questions and with a picture of yourself attached to the email (duh, for drawing reference). Please include your mailing address so we know where to send the winning DVD. Losers, you might show up in the background of RON so please don’t forget the picture. You may lose and win (or lose and lose, as it turns out).
1. What’s the best Criterion DVD on the market thus far?
2. In your dream world, what film ought to get the Criterion treatment?
3. Who is your favorite RON character (2004 archive, 2005 archive)?
4. You’re going to die in the strip, but we don’t want to upset you or your loved ones. What way do you NOT want to die? You know, if you have a yucky vibe towards being eaten by hummingbirds we certainly don’t want to put you in therapy.
5. Did you remember to include a picture of yourself?
(Don’t forget your mailing address and attached photo)