I’m sure you’ve seen it already, but the video finally came to my
attention and I thought it warranted a place here. Ladies and gentlemen,
as collected by Pajiba, here are The
100 Greatest Movie Insults of All Time.
My general and unordered thoughts:
- I’m not really sure the Gone With the Wind line really counts
as an insult, but it’s too much a classic to leave out.
- I can’t believe I’d forgotten about the Monty Python line until they
threw it in.
- Similarly, the Princess Bride and Empire Strikes Back lines
simply had to be included. At least they got those out of the way
- Maybe it’s just because his best work was before my time, but I had
no idea that Steve Martin had such a gift for put-down jokes.
- I don’t remember that “jerk-off” insult from The Big Lebowski.
Clearly, I need to see that movie again.
- If Dodgeball has more great line deliveries like that from
Rip Torn, then I really need to finish that damn movie.
- I love Cartman’s style in that South Park clip.
- As a forum moderator, I’m pleased and amazed that I don’t recall
seeing that Billy Madison clip before. Given all the stupid shit
that gets said online, the internet needs more of that particular
- Not sure about that Casablanca line. I’m sure there must be a
better insult somewhere in that movie.
- I can’t believe that in all the history of the Marx Brothers, that Duck
Soup clip was the best they’ve got.
- Great to see Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang getting some recognition.
There’s a movie that needs more love.
- Never got the point of that stupid line from Napoleon Dynamite.
Hell, I never got the point of Napoleon Dynamite.
- Thank you, Marcia Gay Harden, for that wonderful bit of despicable
comedy relief in that bleak, bleak movie The Mist.
- Ah-nuld, a sci-fi high concept and badass one-liners all collide to
give us that little piece of awesome that was the 6th Day clip.
- Can anyone do crazy like Gene Wilder can? I think not.
- Not that Chevy Chase isn’t already doing a great job on Community,
but I’d love to see him do something like his Christmas Vacation
clip on the show.
- In the Loop got multiple mentions, I see. Nice.
- Another repeat performer is Gunnery Sergeant Hartman of Full
Metal Jacket. Deservedly so, I think you’ll agree.
- John Wayne gets multiple shots, just because he’s one of the
all-time great badasses.
- We also get a couple of insults from There Will Be Blood.
Fitting, as that movie was basically about perhaps the greatest pwning
ever portrayed on film.
- But Les Grossman only gets one? There had to be at least two or
three worthy entries from him in Tropic Thunder.