Record-setting stallion Secretariat won the Triple Crown in 1973, the first to win all three prestigious horse races in 25 years — and only one of 11 total winners ever. 37 years later, one of the most beloved equines this side of Black Stallion gets the Disney treatment, continuing a tradition of recent feel-good, based-on-real-life sports movies including The Rookie, Miracle, and Invincible.
This PG-rated dramatization hits Blu-ray and DVD courtesy of Braveheart scribe Randall Wallace behind the director’s chair and starring the 40-and-still-hot Diane Lane. Both versions come relatively loaded with extra content.
• Heart Of A Champion – This feature takes a look at one of the most famous thoroughbred horses ever known. Secretariat was a horse with style as well as amazing speed and an unsurpassed racing record. We interview all the key players from the day as well as today’s filmmakers to learn more about the horse affectionately called “Red.”
• Deleted Scenes With Optional Audio Commentary By Director Randall Wallace
- Director Introduction
- Seth Joins The Team
- Too Soon T o Celebrate
• Music Video – AJ Michalka “It’s Who You Are”
The Blu-ray comes with everything you see above and more:
• Choreographing The Races – This piece looks at how director Randall Wallace and the filmmakers used innovative tools and technology to accurately and excitingly recreate the Triple Crown races that make the viewer feel like they are standing on the backstretch themselves.
• A Director’s Inspiration: A Conversation With The Real Penny Chenery – Director Randall Wallace sits down with Secretariat owner Penny Chenery to review the movie and some of the key scenes. Penny reflects on what it was like to have been a woman in a male dominated sport and to have been part of horse racing’s most exciting moments in history.
• Audio Commentary By Director Randall Wallace – View the film with optional audio commentary from Director Randall Wallace.
• Deleted Scenes With Optional Audio Commentary By Director Randall Wallace – The same deleted scenes as the DVD, plus four more… Alternate Opening, Introduction, “Are You A Golfer?”, No Time To Rest
• Secretariat Multi-Angle Simulation – Relive Secretariat’s triumphant 1973 Preakness race by viewing the race from a number of perspectives as well as listening to commentaries from fans, announcers and even the jockey who rode Secretariat to their record finish.
The 2-disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (comes with DVD, too) will set you back $39.99, while the single-disc DVD edition will run you $29.99. Both arrive on January 25th.
The Matrix is a cultural milestone still talked about to this day but, it’s creators, the Wachowskis’ later work Jupiter Ascending is often overlooked. Spinning separate folklore into into a sci fi fantasy yarn that dares to ask you to view the world in a different way. Like Nicolas Cage’s National Treasure this film takes … Continue reading — By Sushi-X