It’s The Exorcist month here at CHUD! You’ve noticed our graphical redesign and the various articles promoting our phenomenally badass One Night Only screening of the scariest film of all time (buy tickets!), but that’s not the only thing going on.
Next month, the fine folks at WB are releasing a new Blu-ray copy of the film, featuring both the theatrical cut and the extended director’s cut (buy it from CHUD!). It’s the Director’s Cut that we’ll be bringing you on the 30th, along with a few of the awesome Special Features that will be included on the Blu. Those features?
Disc 1: Extended Director’s Cut
- New 3-part documentary on the movie’s production and legacy – for the first time, relive the actual on-set filming of classic scenes via never-before-seen set footage: Raising Hell: Filming The Exorcist, The Exorcist Locations: Georgetown Then and Now and Faces of Evil: The Different Versions of The Exorcist.
- Commentary by director William Friedkin
Disc 2: Original theatrical version
- 2 commentaries: 1) director William Friedkin, 2) producer/screenwriter William Peter Blatty, plus sound effects tests
- Introduction by William Friedkin
- Feature-length 1998 documentary The Fear of God: The Making of The Exorcist
- Interview gallery covering the topics: the original cut, the final reckoning and stairway to heaven
- Original ending and more
Yep – that’s a stacked disc. But not only are they giving us what will surely be the ultimate edition of the film, they’ve also sent us a little early peek at some of those features. Like the one below. Dig it: