ComingSoon has word from Universal Pictures on their upcoming release slate for the rest of this year and the first quarter of next year. Here’s how it’s looking (loglines via IMDB):
- Sept. 17: Devil, a horror thriller produced by M. Night Shyamalan and directed by Drew Dowdle and John Erick Dowdle (writer, writer / director respectively, Quarantine). Logline: A group of people trapped in a elevator realize that the devil is among them.
- Nov. 12: Skyline, starring Eric Balfour, Donald Faison, Scottie Thompson and Brittany Daniel. Directed by the Strause Brothers. Logline: After a late night party, a group of friends are awoken in the dead of the night by an eerie light beaming through the window.
- Dec. 3: Young Americans (formerly Kids in America), from director Michael Dowse. Logline: Follow an aimless college grad who pursues his dream girl at a wild
Labor Day weekend party. He, his twin sister and their best friend
struggle with their burgeoning adulthood over the course of the night.
- Jan. 21, 2011: The Dark Fields, an action thriller from Neil Burger. Logline: A copywriter discovers a top-secret drug, MDT-48, that enhances
intellect and other abilities. As his usage begins to change his life,
he begins to consider the drug’s shadowy origins; meanwhile, a group of
killers trail his every move.
- Feb. 4, 2011: Sanctum 3D, an action thriller directed by Alister Grierson and presented by James Cameron. Logline: An underwater cave diving team experiences a life-threatening crisis
during an expedition to the unexplored and least accessible cave system
in the world.
- March 4, 2011: The Adjustment Bureau, starring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt and directed by George Nolfi. Logline: The affair between a politician and a ballerina is affected by mysterious forces keeping the lovers apart.
- March 18, 2011: Paul, a comedy starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, directed by Greg Mottola. Logline: Two British comic-book geeks traveling across the U.S. encounter an alien outside Area 51.