While Activision has certainly slowed down its release schedule of Guitar Hero games after oversaturating the market like madmen last year, they’ve got this year’s big title ready to go. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock takes the Guitar Hero series towards a bold new sound- rock music!
In Quest Mode, using any combination of instruments, players will embark on a larger-than-life, epic rock journey from the stage of CBGBs, the infamous punk-rock club in New York City, to the molten lava fields of rock treachery as eight Guitar Hero characters transform into rock warriors that must join together to use their unique, game-changing powers to help the Demi-God of Rock take down “The Beast” and save rock n’ roll.
The gimmick this time is that you can unlock new “warrior powers” with each character and apparently transform into your spirit animal, as you can see in the trailer below. The game will feature new gameplay challenges for every on-disc and downloadable track from Guitar Hero: World Tour on. Warriors of Rock boasts the largest selection of tracks ever featured in a Guitar Hero game- over 90. These are the tracks already confirmed-
· AFI – “Dancing Through Sunday”
· Avenged Sevenfold – “Bat Country”
· Black Sabbath – “Children Of The Grave”
· Buzzcocks – “What Do I Get?”
· Children Of Bodom – “If You Want Peace… Prepare For War”
· The Cure – “Fascination Street”
· Def Leppard – “Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)”
· Dethklok – “Bloodlines”
· DragonForce – “Fury of the Storm”
· Drowning Pool – “Bodies”
· Foo Fighters – “No Way Back”
· Foreigner – “Feels Like The First Time”
· Jane’s Addiction – “Been Caught Stealing”
· KISS – “Love Gun”
· Megadeth – “Sudden Death” (Specifically written and recorded by Dave Mustaine for the game!)
· Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne – “Paranoid (Live)”
· Muse – “Uprising”
· My Chemical Romance – “I’m Not Okay (I Promise)”
· Queen – “Bohemian Rhapsody”
· Rammstein – “Waidmanns Heil”
· The Rolling Stones – “Stray Cat Blues”
· Silversun Pickups – “There’s No Secrets This Year”
· Slayer – “Chemical Warfare”
· ZZ Top – “Sharp Dressed Man (Live)”
As you can see, some of the “rock” is questionable, although this looks like a pretty solid list so far. I am utterly terrified at the thought of Bohemian Rhapsody being on this, though. No melodies yet, so….
The game will also come with a new guitar that “delivers the next evolution in finger-fretting”, despite the fact that hardly anyone ever uses that feature.
“The world is a boring place. Come with me, and enter a world populated of Demi-Gods and Beasts. Transform from an everyday person and become the savior of rock and roll,” says Gene Simmons of KISS, who will be providing narration for the story mode. “It was an honor and privilege to narrate Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, even more so, to voice the Demi God. From the God of Thunder to the Demi-God, how cool is that…”
Let’s hope Rock Band 3 has something a little more exciting up its sleeve, shall we?
The Matrix is a cultural milestone still talked about to this day but, it’s creators, the Wachowskis’ later work Jupiter Ascending is often overlooked. Spinning separate folklore into into a sci fi fantasy yarn that dares to ask you to view the world in a different way. Like Nicolas Cage’s National Treasure this film takes … Continue reading — By Sushi-X