EW.com’s Michael Ausiello, via an intern at the Paley Fest, has some “details” from the producers of Lost about the whole thing is going to wrap up…sort of (i.e., there is some tongue firmly entrenched in cheek on some of the items in the article). Some details are definitely more concrete though, such as the fact that Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof are penning the finale, which will be directed by Jack Bender. The penultimate episode will be wirtten by Elizabeth Sarnoff, Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (all of whom were panelists at the fest). Bender has wrapped up Ep. 14 and is currently on 15.
Lindelof, who said they’re big fans of the Bravo reality series, likened writing the show to the Top Chef contestants having to figure out what to use after they’ve grabbed a bunch of ingredients in a hurry. He also described Lost
as “the iceberg above the water.” Sometimes the writers want to explore
the iceberg below the water, but aside from leaving room to discover
small character moments, there are no big changes to the overall game.
“Yes” can definitely be provided as an answer to the following:
- Will Richard and Ilana exchange some words soon?
- Will we see another
painting by Bender?
- Do some of the characters’ last names have
significance, particularly Jack’s?
- Is Jack married to someone we’ve met
- Was Jacob telling the truth when he said someone was coming to
- Will we learn more about Hurley and Libby’s connection?
- Will we see Vincent and Charlie again?
- Will we learn if Desmond was
really on the plane?
“No” is a safe bet for these:
- Will we get a conclusion to the story of Ben’s love, Annie?
- Do the
purple circles in Bender’s mural mean anything?
- Did Juliet’s ex-husband
get killed by a smoke bus?
- Will there be a DVD release of the show in
And a “No Comment” for:
- Will we learn why women can’t have babies on the island?
Cuse also said that they will no longer be commenting on the show once it wraps up due to years of question carpet bombing on the subject, and let loose one final spoiler: “Water.”
You can click over for a few other, somewhat less choice tidbits.
Visit the sideverse on the message boards.