Today on their Facebook page, Scream Factory has finally revealed the extras for the long-delayed collector’s edition of Neil Marshall’s Dog Soldiers. The best news: it got a new 2K scan and the transfer is director approved! Here are the rest of the extras:
• NEW Audio Commentary with Director Neil Marshall
• NEW The Making of DOG SOLDIERS featuring new interviews with director Neil Marshall, producers Christopher Figg and Keith Bell, actors Kevin McKidd, Sean Pertwee, Darren Morfitt, Leslie Simpson and Emma Cleasby, special effects artist Bob Keen, special effects supervisor/creature designer Dave Bonneywell, production designer Simon Bowles and director of photography Sam McCurdy
• NEW A look at the model of the sets created by production designer Simon Bowles
• Theatrical Trailer
• Neil Marshall’s short film: Combat
• Two Still Galleries – photos from the film and rare photos from production designer Simon Bowles and special effects artist Dave Bonneywell’s archives
This will hit shelves on June 23, and I can’t wait. I rarely indulge in hyperbole, but Dog Soldiers is one of the best werewolf movies ever, and my old DVD looks like wolfshit. It’s time for a much-needed upgrade.