- Sarah Polley is an Oscar nominee.
- If Oscar nominations were actually an accurate representation of quality, it looks like I was the only guy on this site who was right about Michael Clayton.
- Ruby Dee is this year’s recipient of the “Oh, shit you’re dying soon!” customary nomination.
- Atonement is this year’s “Nick hasn’t seen this movie but is gonna hate on it anyhow’ flick.
- If No Country for Old Men doesn’t win Best Picture I’m personally going to your house to rape your parakeet and/or sugar glider.
- This is the best Supporting Actor grouping ever.
- Viggo getting a Best Actor nom is just desserts. Nothing against Lord Cronenberg, but imagine that film without Viggo. Probably not even a theatrical release.
- Did anyone see The Golden Compass? Fucking FX were decent to good to asshole at times.
- If The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford does not win for cinematography, I’ll resurrect and re-rape your pets.
Which brings me to this:
What more does Roger Deakins have to do to be officially crowned the God of DP’s?