I swear this movie was just being advertised in theaters. Either that or time is flying by. Probably both.
Surprisingly enough, until this rendition on the material, Disney had never done its version of Rapunzel. And like most other times that the Mouse does its business to an old fairy tale, it made plenty of business of its own at the box office. This one to the tune of some 400 million dollars worldwide, most likely benefiting from the inflated ticket prices of having been projected in 3D.
And now it’s time for them to cash some more checks as Tangled hits Blu-ray and DVD. In fact, it’s debuting with a 4-disc Combo Pack – 3D Blu-Ray, Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Copy – all in one nice package. It comes stacked with extras:
- Untangled: The Making of a Fairy Tale – Exactly how long is Rapunzel’s hair? How many lanterns were used? Where did Pascal’s name come from? Which Disney animated feature first utilized CG animation? These and more will be answered when Mandy Moore and Zach Levi take viewers on a kooky behind-the-scenes tour to learn how the filmmakers styled this film’s ―Golden Tresses.
- Deleted Scenes – Co-directors Byron Howard and Nathan Greno introduce three scenes and illuminate why they were ultimately cut: The Jaunty Moose, Chemistry Develops, Vigor The Visionary
- Extended Songs – The complete versions of two great songs are shared in a unique feature that explains the co-directors decision to scale them down: When Will My Life Begin, Mother Knows Best
- Two Original Storybook Openings – Two alternate versions of the film’s opening sequence described by co-directors Nathan Greno and Byron Howard.
- 50th Animated Feature Countdown – A video montage celebrating Tangled as the 50th film to join The Walt Disney Studios’ prestigious lineup of classic animated features.
- 9 Tangled Teasers – A collection of the most unique and quirky commercials made for the theatrical release of ―Tangled. Some are spoofs based off of infomercials and/or breaking news, some are teasers and others are simply just funny filmstrips.
If you managed to miss out on this one and have no idea what I’m talking about, Disney has been kind enough to throw the trailer up on YouTube for all to see.
Tangled hits stores on March 29th, with the 4-disc Combo Pack retailing for $49.99 US, a 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) for $39.99 US and a 1-Disc DVD for $29.99 US.